Enough of the random ramblings. I will start some serious post with this review of the newly acquired O2 Atom Pure. After 4 years of reliable service from iPaq 1930, I finally decided to upgrade to the pdaphone when my handphone of 2 years, Nokia 6610i finally succumbed to the unintentional abuse I inflicted upon it. I was pretty fed up of carrying both phone and pda all this while, so pdaphone was the logical upgrade. What I was particularly looking for in a pdaphone is that it must have Wifi capability and is compact enough to actually fit into a pocket. It must also fit my meagre budget of NZD 500. So, after some searching, 2 fit the descriptions: O2 Atom and iMate K-Jam. O2 atom were the slimmer version so that give it the nod for the purchase.
Pros: It is really compact. The smallest pdaphone on the market at the moment. And no more carrying a separate handphone and pda.
Cons: Vibration can be sometime annoying because it vibrates rather loudly and last quite a while. Not good when you are in occasions such in the middle of lecture. Text messaging is slower due to lack of keypad/keyboard. Windows Mobile 5 can't access certain features quickly like a handphone menu.
I found text messaging quite troublesome with the software given. One way I got around that problem is installing a third party software, SPB Full Screen Keyboard. It turns the whole screen into a qwerty keyboard, and you can just use your fingers instead of that fiddly stylus to key in texts. In fact, to get the most out of your pdaphone, I suggest installing the following software:
SPB Mobile Shell: Converts Win Mobile 5 into easily accessible handphone-like menu and enable you to use the pda-phone with one hand, just like normal handphone.
Pocket Islam: Includes prayer schedule, Quran with complete tashkil, Hijra calendar, qibla direction. Its free too.
SBSH PocketBreeze: A today plug-in that displays multiple appointments on the today screen. Also display tasks, notes, and messages.
No comments:
Post a Comment