You might have come across this before in this blog but I intend to repeat it here again, my act of blogging is one of the several avenues I have taken to overcome my addictions to other things, ie. worthless hobbies. As part of the rehabilitation, I also resorted to return to reading books and as the saying goes "to kill two birds with one stone" - I've started reading
writing for pleasure and profit the revised edition written by Michael Legat. It is really an ancient book - published in 1993 - as the first chapter starts off with describing tools a writer might require and one of them is a typewriter. A typewhat? Exactly, its ancient! But the book is free - I nicked it off my dad's shelf - and writing is a skill I intend to master one day, so I thought it might be worthwhile reading. And by the way, I only finished reading the first few paragraphs of the first chapter, so don't judge the book effects on my writing just yet. In those few paragraphs I read, it described writing as a craft and like all crafts, one could only master through practice. Just like muscles, the writing minds when used regularly will works wells and painlessly but when used rarely it becomes awkward and stiff. A good way to exercise - see what I did there, still connected to the muscle analogy - is to just write down whatever come across your mind. As these exercises turns to habit, writing will become second nature to you. So, be warn readers, I will used this blog as a mean to exercise. Not that it will be any different - as my blog has been on the whole an incoherent mumblings - but it will be much worse as I from now on intend to write more often in this blog. Preferably daily.
As if.....
On a different note, here are some panoramic photos of Christchurch (NZ) I would like to share. There are serious flaws in these photo and could serve as tips to those amatuer panoramic photographers (like me). All these were taken using a camera which has no panoramic function and the software used was Adobe Photoshop CS 2. All photos have been scaled down to 30 - 50% of original size. The first one is a photo of Sumner beach. This one isn't that bad.

The second one, also on Sumner beach is pretty bad - the waves in the middle of photo split making it unrealistic. Tips: 2 separate photo of an ocean cannot be used in panoramic photo.
Finally, this is a scenery from Summit Road. Down the valley is part of Christhurch city. Lots of faults in this photo too - find it yourself. Note to self - research on panoramic photo.

No comments:
Post a Comment