I did made progress on my reading of that Michael Legat book and the book goes on describing the qualities a good writer: discipline, stamina, a love of words and a feeling for them, imagination, experience (knowing the subjects helps), observation (according to authors: writers are observers), something to say, dissatisfaction (with own work), self-confidence (of your own work), selfishness (eg setting aside time for writing), and professional attitude. The qualities that I have: discipline (no), stamina (no), a love blabla (no), imagination (everybody has this -according to the author. this point is elaborated further in the book at a part which I have not read yet), experience (depends - too long to elaborate tonight), observation (yes), something to say (yes), dissatisfaction (greatly yes), self-confidence (scarce - I deleted the previous edition of this blog out of shame of the content), selfishness (yes), professional attitude (huh?).
No comments:
Post a Comment