Back in high school, washing those white shoes and relacing them was one of those mundane that I had to do weekly. Who the **** gave the idea of white shoe as part of school uniform in a tropical, wet and muddy country. Luckily for me, I only experienced a year of it as I quickly volunteered to be a librarian so that i could wear black leather shoes instead. Anyway, to make lacing those shoes more interesting, I have stumbled upon this website last year - Ian's Shoelace site. So far, my favourite is Over Under Lacing, which happen to be the author's favourite as well. Its not too fancy but remain stylish over the normal lacing method:

Lacing Technique:
1. The lace is run straight across the bottom (grey section) and is fed into both bottom eyelets.
2. The ends are crossed over underneath and emerge from the next set of eyelets up the shoe, then crossed over on top and fed into the next set of eyelets.
3. Repeat step (2) until both ends reach the top eyelets
Note: If the shoe has an ODD number of eyelet pairs (eg. 7 pairs = 14 eyelets, like my shoe at left), start with the bottom (grey section) underneath in order for the last crossover to also be underneath when you reach the top eyelets.
No comments:
Post a Comment