Friday, 28 November 2008

!@#$%&^*

I eagerly anticipated the day. I cleared my food stock. I packed my stuffs away in boxes. I finally vacuum my room. I read the news. I got this funny feeling that it was not meant to be. I called the airlines, twice. I was told first "no policy have been in place, everything is as is". I was later told "only outgoing flights are cancelled. inward flights remain scheduled". I stayed up. I showered. I woke my co-driver. I drove to the airport. I walked to the counter. 
"Hi, how are you?"
"which way are you heading?"
"Bangkok? hmmm. I think theres changes to that route. It might be cancelled. Go to that counter at the end there, she's the one handling this flight"
"I'm sorry, but all inward and outgoing flights, not just our airline, has been cancelled. It only escalated overnight and now the airport is closed."

5h!t

My trip home to Malaysia has just been delayed for a further 2 days. Suvarnabhumi Airport, Bangkok International Airport was, on 26th November 2008, stormed and seized hold by anti-government protesters and disrupted all its services. Don Mueng airport was also blockaded. At the moment, the current government has declared state of emergency in these two places & will try to clear out the protesters by Saturday, the day my flight is resecheduled. More info:

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

uh oh.. sorry to hear that.. :S